//some 3rd party need geo

How do CD-RWs work?

Halmer 09:38 29 Dec 03

I saved a load of files on a CD-RW (never used one before).

This morning I transferred a load of Chrissy photos onto the same disc.

When I explored the CD all of the old files have vanished and I am left with just my Chrissy photos.

Can anyone explain what has happened please?

Jester2K 09:43 29 Dec 03

You might be able to recover the old files using IsoBuster click here

Also read

click here

Halmer 09:47 29 Dec 03

been overwritten Jester2K and if so how do I know that this is going to happen and why didn't I get any warning?

Jester2K 09:56 29 Dec 03

I don't know. Usually to overwrite files you need to format the Disc. If you didn't do that then the chances are the file shave been deleted "Windows Style" (ie not deleted, just forgotten about). In which case you can recover the files to the hard drive using IsoBuster and then re burn.

When you added the files did you "Import the Previous Session"? If not then you'll delete everything on the Disc when you burn. Next time "Import the previous session" and then you will ADD the new data to the Disc.

Halmer 10:02 29 Dec 03

and didn't see that option at any stage.

Jester2K 10:23 29 Dec 03

Once you put the CD in on one of the menus should be an option to Import Previous Session. You should do this before you do anything else...

jolorna 10:33 29 Dec 03

in nero click on cd-rom(iso) icon, then click the multi session tab this is the window you need to use

Halmer 10:49 29 Dec 03

I have just found that option.

1. compile a new data CD? or

2. continue an existing data CD (multi session)?

So I have to go for number 2 to retain existing files?

What happens if the session to write fills up the CD? Does it automatically overwrite or does it ask me what I want to do?

Thanks for your help (and Jester)!

Jester2K 10:54 29 Dec 03

Yes.

If the CD fills up then you'll be told the CD is full. It'll only overwrite files if you tell it to format the CD or you don't use the Multi-Session CD option.

Halmer 10:55 29 Dec 03

once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…