How to disable SIS650 integrated graphics

al1234 06:31 27 Feb 03

Please help, I want to disable my SIS-650 integrated graphics in favour of a new G-force 4 graphics card, any information greatly received.

powerless 07:32 27 Feb 03

When your computer is starting up, keep tapping the F8 key...

You will now be in the BIOS...

Naiviagte using the arrow keys and to change the settings use the page up and page down keys.

Look for something like "ONboard grpahics". Use the arown keys to go to this option and press ENTER. Use the page up or page down to disable.

Go to the EXIT and make sure it says SAVE changes then press enter.

Pop the new card in.

If there is no option within the BIOS to disable the onboard graphics. Post back.

1832bchs 11:10 27 Feb 03

I disabled the SIS650 by clicking on "disable" in device manager. There was no option in the bios to disable it. This has worked fine for me.

hugh-265156 13:44 27 Feb 03

i had a packard bell imedia pc motherboard gigabyte GA-8siml with sis 650 chip.i did it by as said above chech in device manager under display adapters right click on and disable.shut down the pc slot it the new card and on starting up windows dectect it.xp does anyway.when you get the pop ups saying something like found display primary/secondary click cancel and visit the card makers website and download the latest drivers.these will probally be more up to date than the ones on the cd.in the bios under advanced chipset the sis 650 will more than likley be already disabled.check the agp app.size and set to 64 or 128 and see that agp is set to x4 if your card supports it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…