How did spammer get this

fifty-and-some 17:19 29 Jan 07

How has a spamer obtained my a email address that has never been given out.

My email a/c is [email protected]
I occasionally access this via [email protected]

Principally I use Web Mania who host my domain and forward email e.g. [email protected] forwarded to [email protected]

I am going to change the name of [email protected] But I would like to know how to protect this name. I am fully covered on spyware etc.

Thank you

Belatucadrus 17:25 29 Jan 07

Some spam engines generate random addresses, which means while they produce a load of gash that goes nowhere, they can hit a load of addresses that are otherwise pristine.

lotvic 17:26 29 Jan 07

they didn't target you as 'you'
they generally use a prog to generate variations of addresses until they get lucky with their mass mailings.

If you change your address try to put an unusual combination of numbers and symbols with the letters - there will be less chance of it being generated.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:27 29 Jan 07

Ther eis nothing that you can do apart from have some really odd username which people will probably get wrong. Just delete the spam mails or get mailwasher.click here

G

GaT7 17:33 29 Jan 07

Last free Mailwasher v2.0.28b that does multiple accounts click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…