How to delete Windows Live Mail from Vista?

bof:) 14:18 14 Jan 09

Hi all, whilst looking for a program that looked like 'Windows live Manager' found on XP.

By mistake I downloaded and installed 'Windows Live Mail'.

I then deleted everything in Add/Remove Programs that I thought was to do with 'Windows Live Mail' but found I'd uninstalled Internet Explore by mistake.

So could someone please explain to me how to delete 'Windows Live mail' from Vista.

I can then re-install Internet Explorer from the Microsoft website.

Thank you very much for your help.

Mike

Sea Urchin 15:04 14 Jan 09

You don't have Add/Remove Programs in Vista - it's called Programs and Features. Just uninstall Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Installer. I very much doubt that you have uninstalled Internet Explorer, as it's almost impossible to do that.

bof:) 19:32 14 Jan 09

Hello Sea Urchin, sorry about the Add/Remove programs remark, (I'd altered the Control Panel to Classic View).

In Program Features, I have 'Windows Live Essential' and 'Windows Live sign-in Assistant'.

'Windows Live Mail' doeas not appear in there.

Mike

Ps, you where right about Internet Explorer, some how it was just the desktop icon that had been deleted but was not appearing in the waste bin.

Sea Urchin 22:11 14 Jan 09

I shouldn't worry too much about what's left if it's not causing any problems - you could do a clean up with CCleaner and probably leave it at that.

click here

bof:) 19:55 23 Jan 09

Hi Sea Urchin, sorry for the delay in replying.

After deleting 'Windows Live Essentials' and 'Windows Live sign-in Assistant', I'm still left with the 'Windows Live Mail' icon on my desktop.

If I click on it, a page comes up showing all my emails.

I know I can just delete the icon but what I'd really like is to get 'Windows Live Mail' off my laptop.

Any more thoughts on how I can achieve this is if I cannot find any uninstall options?

Many thanks,

Mike

bof:) 19:58 23 Jan 09

bump

MAJ 20:38 23 Jan 09

Silly question time bof:) considering the time since you asked the question, but have you rebooted your PC since uninstalling?

If you right-click on the desktop shortcut to WLM, choose Properties, what does it say in the Target field?

bab5 20:38 23 Jan 09

Bof,

Try here, click here

That should sort you out.

bab5 20:38 23 Jan 09

Bof,

Try here, click here

That should sort you out.

bof:) 09:35 25 Jan 09

Hi all,

Maj, I have turned laptop off and on again several times since originally uninstalling 'Windows Live Essentials' and 'Windows Live Sign-in Assistant'.

In the desktop icon Target Field, it says the following:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe"

The Comment box says the following:

Use Windows Live Mail to manage your e-mail, calendars, contacts, feeds and newsgroups, all in one place.

-------------------------------------------------

bab5, 'Windows Live Mail' does not appear in the list of programs shown in 'Programs and Features' on my laptop.

Only 'Windows Live Essentials' and 'Windows Live Sign-in Assistant' are shown. I've previously deleted these and all I lost was the desktop icon to 'Internet Explorer'.

Many thanks both of you for your help so far,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…