How to delete a whole page in MS Word

suburban train 10:04 30 Nov 06

Hi All

Is there any shortcut way of deleting a whole page with in word instead of having to press the backspace button as I have many pages which need deleting and this may mess up my formatting.

Taff™ 10:12 30 Nov 06

Place your cursor at the start of the page then use the scroll bar to scroll to the bottom of the page. Hold the Shift Key and click the mouse at the end of the page - now everything on that page is highlighted. Hit the delete key.

suburban train 10:16 30 Nov 06

Thanks for quick response back, isnt there a way like in powerpoint where you can delete a whole slide by pressing delete?

Taff™ 10:20 30 Nov 06

Not That I`m aware of! You might find it easier if you change the zoom size so you can see the full page on your screen.

Legolas 12:48 30 Nov 06

Hold down the Ctrl and A keys this will highlight a complete page them press delete this will take everything of the page.

Taff™ 15:04 30 Nov 06

Control Key & A Key will select the entire document Legolas! Hitting the delete key will delete the lot!

skeletal 16:04 30 Nov 06

If you arrange your document so that one full page is shown on the screen, Shift+PageDown will select the page (which you can delete). This is slighty unreliable as depending on your exact zoom level, you may capture a bit of the next page, or not quite get all the page.

I always use the method described by Taff.

Skeletal

Legolas 18:08 30 Nov 06

Taff™ You are right I wasn't thinking. knowledge boy ignore my advice and go with Taffs advice.

tonyq 18:46 30 Nov 06

You can delete a blank page in a Word document by deleting the page break (page break: The point at which one page ends and another begins. Microsoft Word inserts an "automatic" (or soft) page break for you, or you can force a page break at a specific location by inserting a "manual" (or hard) page break.) at the end of the page. You can also combine two pages by deleting the page break between them.

Make sure you're in normal view (normal view: A view that shows text formatting and a simplified page layout. Normal view is convenient for most editing and formatting tasks.) (on the View menu, click Normal). If nonprinting characters, such as paragraph markers (¶), are not visible, click Show/Hide on the Standard toolbar, and then do one of the following:

To delete a page manually, select the page break at the end of the page, and then press DELETE.
To delete a blank page at the end of the document, select the page break or any paragraph markers (¶) at the end of the document, and then press DELETE.
To delete a page break placed before a specific paragraph, click the paragraph, and then on the Format menu, click Paragraph, click the Line and Page Breaks tab, and then clear the Page break before check box.
Taken from "Office Word 2003" Help

freaky 18:53 30 Nov 06

Alternatively, left click the mouse on the start of the text > keep the mouse button depressed > drag the mouse to end of text so that is all highlighted > press Backspace Key > voilà it's all gone! Quick easy and simple....even I can do it.

suburban train 14:30 01 Dec 06

Thanks for all your responses and help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced