How to delete visited sites in IE8

john bunyan 17:52 13 May 09

I run CCleaner to delete cookies and history. I have noticed in IE 8 if you press the grey square "new tab" just to the right of the bottom left of the command bar, A full screen appears in Google with frequently visited sites so you can launch them. How do you delete these? CCleaner does not do it so how you tell Google to delete them?

Forum Editor 18:31 13 May 09

on the little grey cross that you'll see at the top right corner of each site in the list.

citadel 18:34 13 May 09

I delete in internet options from control panel, in i8 they all in one tick box.

john bunyan 19:08 13 May 09

Thanks FE,I did not realise you have to press "edit thumbnail" to show the - in my case - big - grey cross. Thanks. citadel - they do not seem to go with that method.

jake_ie8team 23:32 13 May 09

john bunyan,

You can delete your history of visited sites in Internet Explorer 8 by clicking the Safety Menu on the right of the browsers tab bar, and then clicking the Delete Browsing History option that appears in the drop-down menu. You can also press CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE on your keyboard to do the same.

- Jake

MSFT Internet Explorer Outreach Team

john bunyan 08:12 14 May 09

Thanks - I was refering to the most visited list.This did not seem to alter with the browsing history option. Sorted now but this feature did not seem very well explained as will be seen if you Google to see comments from others.JB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…