how to delete unwanted file???

Jaro 13:32 28 Sep 05

hi, how can i delete file from my PC if everytime i try i get message that this program can not be deleted cos its being used by other program or person?? i tried to delete it in safe mode as well but no avail. any suggestion?

PS: this file ment to be Driver Cleaner Pro. but it didnt work when i wanted to execute it. so i had to download this program from another website. i dont thing that the file i have downloaded is virus or spyware.

MAJ 13:49 28 Sep 05

I'm not sure if you want to delete a file or a program, Jaro. Eitherway boot to Safe Mode and delete from there, Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs if it's a program, or, from the folder it's in, if it's a file.

MAJ 13:50 28 Sep 05

If those options don't work and you're using Windows XP or ME, try doing a System Restore to a date before you originally installed the program.

Jaro 13:58 28 Sep 05

i havent actually install that program. and i have tried safe mode it didnt work. i was wandering wheather i could avoid system restore.

MAJ 14:05 28 Sep 05

If you haven't installed the program, Jaro, what exactly are you trying to delete/uninstall?

dukeboxhero 15:32 28 Sep 05

if its a file then you could try to rename it then delete

VoG II 17:16 28 Sep 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…