How to delete System Volume Info\restore

JohnM. 15:19 09 Jan 11

Due to my computer having a life of it's own! The following, which is supposed to be on an external hard drive has somehow become part of my "C" Drive and needs to be deleted as only 1% is left empty.

So how do I SAFELY remove the following:-
C:\System Volume Information\restore\

JohnM.

matofthemint 15:45 09 Jan 11

Get ExplorerXP (free - Google for it) and it will let you delete the contents of the file if not the entire file. You will have to set it to show Hidden files.

GaT7 17:22 09 Jan 11

You can also do it without third-party software, by using the Disk Cleanup tool to delete older system restore files as well.

When you have a chance, also reduce the amount of disk space allocated for System Restore, or disable it entirely on C (as it appears you don't want it to protect this drive/partition?).

'The following, which is supposed to be on an external hard drive has somehow become part of my "C" Drive....'

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{long code}\ is the location System Restore places it's restore points for C. If you need another disk protected then you should enable System Restore for that disk. AFAIK, you cannot move the location where System Restore points are created & stored. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009