How to delete previous login attempts?

AroundAgain 21:12 10 Jul 10

Running Vista
Internet Explorer 8

I have previously attempted to login on a particular site and got the username wrong. Now, there is a list of about 11 different usernames but only one is the correct one.

Please can someone tell me how I can delete the 10 wrong usernames from automatically appearing when I start to type in my username?

Thanks in advance

Clapton is God 21:15 10 Jul 10

Run CCleaner

AroundAgain 21:17 10 Jul 10

Thanks but I prefer to just delete the usernames, rather than clean the computer generally.
Thanks very much for your suggestion, though

Clapton is God 21:18 10 Jul 10

"rather than clean the computer generally"

So you prefer to run with a 'dirty', sluggish PC?

That's quaint

AroundAgain 21:21 10 Jul 10

I don't have a 'dirty' or 'sluggish' computer.

I clean it as it needs, rather than run cleaning software that risks upsetting other stuff that I don't want touched.

rdave13 21:22 10 Jul 10

You will have to start again an use the browsers deletion of history, passwords etc through tools, internet options etc.

AroundAgain 21:24 10 Jul 10

Thanks
There is a way of removing just the 'offending' usernames on specific websites. I don't want to delete all the cookies/history.

I would like to know how to delete just specific entries, not the whole lot.

Does anyone know how to do this, please?

Thanks

Clapton is God 21:26 10 Jul 10

I've been using CCleaner on a weekly basis for more years than I care to remember and I've NEVER found it "upsetting other stuff that I don't want touched".

The choice is yours - but my suggested solution will instantly solve your problem.

I do find it strange that people ask a question in Forums such as this and then immediately reject a simple offered solution.

AroundAgain 21:31 10 Jul 10

I appreciate you are trying to help. Yes, I have posted in a forum for help but, as I have explained, I prefer not to use CCleaner for a number of reasons, one being a bad experience.

There are other methods and I prefer to learn how the computer functions rather than just sweep clean and not know what it is doing.

Everyone has there own methods and preferences. You are happy with CCleaner and I'm pleased it works for you, as it undoubtedly does for a lot of people. It just happens not to be my prefered method but thank you for your suggestion all the same.

I am hoping someone who understands the workings of the computer will be able to help here.

Thanks

rdave13 21:41 10 Jul 10

You can't reset a particular password in Internet Explorer, whatever version, without resetting them all. A security aspect of the browser since Moses was born I think.
Correction- Mosses had a Mac so I'm led to believe.

AroundAgain 22:18 10 Jul 10

Hi
Thanks for that information. I was led to believe you could be selective.

Sounds like I will have to clear all history after all.

Thanks, folks, for all your help and suggestions
J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant