how to delete 'past items'

kimisam 01:20 09 Jul 06

can anyone tell me how to delete past items in task bar and start up menu please

rdave13 01:32 09 Jul 06

In task bar click edit and clear history.Startup menue right click on icon and click "remove from this list". If you want to perminently remove the program then use click here and use the uninstaller or use add/remove in control panel.

kimisam 01:41 09 Jul 06

hi Rdave13 thanks for your response. in task bar, the only option I have is 'hide when inactive', but can not be deleted however I tried, can you help please.
thanks

mark2 08:35 09 Jul 06

are you referring to the icons in the system tray by the clock ? The fix involves registry editing

To clear the Past Items list, perform the following steps:

1. Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values from the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

2. Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process.

3. In Task Manager, click File, click New Task, type explorer, and then click OK.

VoG II 08:37 09 Jul 06
  kimisam 00:35 17 Jul 06

Hi mark2,
thanks for your help, only just got back. can you tell me where do I have to go to get started please, as I have not done this before.
cheers

Kev.Ifty 00:52 17 Jul 06

Do you want to clear search entries from say, Google?

Also do you want to clear previously open Documents etc?

Click START/SETTINGS/TASK BAR and START MENU then click START MENU tab click CUSTOMISE button and then click CLEAR button.

To remove search entries.. click on the search bar. When the previous entries appear, move your cursor over an entry so that it is highlighted and press the DELETE key on your keyboard.

OR

goto TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS CONTENT Tab and AUTOCOMPLETE button then CLEAR FROMS..

Cheers Kev

kimisam 01:04 17 Jul 06

Hi Kev,
thanks for your input, its within the task bar after the customise button, there you can see 'current items' and 'past items' with the option to 'hide when inactive', 'always hide' or 'always show'. I only want the current items and delete all past items. can you tell me how please.
cheers

umbongo(uk) 06:23 17 Jul 06

here you go luv use this link and all will be easily explained
click here

umbongo(uk) 20:35 18 Jul 06

kimisan dont forget to postback that the problem has been solved

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:07 18 Jul 06

Use VoGs link it works!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…