How to delete "HDD??" Backup??

Noels 17:01 23 Jun 03

Have been having computer problems. A friend thought he could cure them !!. First did a backup. NOT to floppies or CD but to HDD?/My computer"C" or wherever with the result memory used increased from 2.6GB to 5.37GB. Free reduced by same amount.

Question where do I find this backup and how do I get rid of it to free up memory again. Sorry if not using correct terms but feel sure someone out there can help.

So much fo knowledgeable friends. Regards Noels

Noels 18:25 23 Jun 03

Noels 18:50 23 Jun 03

When the Broadband People installed my Modem etc they did something similar. They said we'll just do a backup as a precaution again not to a Zip Drive etc. In both cases the local disk C used capacity doubled. The Broadband people restored it to its original. How do I do the same again

Regards Noels

woodchip 19:25 23 Jun 03

What you mean is Disc space as been used. If you have a big drive you should not worry too much. double click on My-Computer right click the C:\ drive click properties and see how much space you have free

woodchip 19:26 23 Jun 03

The backup may be in the root Directory of C:\ look in Windows Explorer for a very big file

barrie_g 19:35 23 Jun 03

try doing a search for a file that is over 1,000,000kb in size, i wouldn't have thought that there will be many files on your pc of this size.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…