How to delete GoogleCustomSearch toolbar

JanetO 17:36 16 Nov 09

Somehow when I've installed Google Toolbar on IE7 in xp another toolbar has appeared beneath the other usual one called GoogleCustomSearch. I've done a google search but no answers. There must be a way to just uninstall that one. Any ideas?

FreeCell 17:37 16 Nov 09

View - Toolbars - uncheck the toolbar you don't want?

rdave13 17:46 16 Nov 09

Try Toolbar cop to uninstall it; click here

JanetO 09:31 17 Nov 09

Unfortunately that only disables the google search I want to keep but retains the custom search.

rdave13
That's a good tool. But alas it doesn't seem able to disable/delete the one I want to get rid of.

It seems google have superceded the ordinary search with a more refined one which I don't like.

FreeCell 19:44 17 Nov 09

Have you checked the plug-ins for IE to see if there is a GoogleCustomSearch that is enabled? Try disable if there is.

CustomSearch should be used by webpage designers to include a search facility on their page. Are you getting it on a Google page or some other page. If so can you post the URL of the page so we can see if it's there.

A Google search for "remove googlecustomsearch" shows up some responses where people have suspected a virus. Sysdata.exe. Probably not your cause but have you scanned for virus infection recently?

JanetO 08:27 18 Nov 09

I have been through all the add-ons but it's not there. I have run Malabytes and Avast scans.

Do you not have the same two google search boxes on your IE?

FreeCell 08:49 18 Nov 09

I don't use any add on Toolbar such as Google or Yahoo as, for me, they don't offer anything I value that isn't in IE already. I only have one search box in IE, top right corner. I am on IE8.

Is it still there if you uninstall Google Toolbar?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac