How to delete files which refuse to be deleted?

Bez 15:51 24 Aug 03

I have bought a new Epson Photo 830u printer and would like to delete the now redundant epson monitor 2 files.Epson told me that these files can be removed since they are not used anymore. However, I have tried the Add or Remove programm without success and also tried to delete the files manually also without success. There are six DLL files and two Epson Printer Status Agent files. When trying to delete the files I get the message: "Cannot delete the files because the disk is protected or full or in use".
Can anyone give the solution, please?

Megatyte 16:10 24 Aug 03

Be careful when deleting DLLs. Sometimes they are shared with other applications. To delete files that refuse to be deleted doing it from 'Safe Mode' usually works.

T0SH 16:15 24 Aug 03

Try removing them from safe mode with any Epson printers unplugged ,also check the file properties they may be flagged as read only or hidden

Cuddles 16:16 24 Aug 03

Have you tried deleting the files using regedit, if you have then ignore the following.
START>RUN>REGEDIT>EDIT>FIND>(type in names of files you wish to delete)>ENTER>DELETE>(when files are highlighted)>ENTER>F3>(to resume search)

Bez 17:42 24 Aug 03

Thank you Megatyte, Tosh and Cuddles for your help.I am going to do as you suggested, first try using Safe Mode and then regedit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…