How to delete AVAST

281apple 09:42 23 Jan 10

i WANT TO INSTALL KASPERSKY BUT CAN NOT UNTIL I DELETE AVAST. THE PROBLEM IS THAT I CAN NOT FIND THE FILE AVAST IN MY PROGRAM FILES. WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE. THANKS.

canarieslover 10:15 23 Jan 10

Don't try to delete it. You need to uninstall it which will remove all traces of it. Download and install Revo uninstaller, click here , free version, restart your computer and keep pressing F8 to get into Safe Mode and then run Revo. It will give you the opportunity to remove all references to Avast that are in the Registry. Restart your computer and then install Kapersky.

birdface 10:28 23 Jan 10
  281apple 11:16 24 Jan 10

I tried what you suggested and it worked perfectly. I'll pass this on to friends of mine.
Thank you very much and thanks to PC Advisor for existing. Raymond

Kevin-1416101 12:15 24 Jan 10

To remove AVAST from your computer you should uninstall it, Deletion will not do the trick,
For that you need to go to Control panel--> Add remove program--> Find the AVAST listed in the populated list and uninstall it from there,
Then try and install KASPERSKY...
For more details: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…