How to decompress / install .bin file

Muslimat79 10:18 30 Apr 03

Hi everyone, I have problem decompressing any file with the extension .bin. Please can anyone help me what to use to decompress or to install this kind of file.

Please help me.

MAJ 10:37 30 Apr 03

A bin(binary) file is not a compressed file type, Muslimat79, although it can be contained in a compressed file such as a .zip file. That's why you can't de-compress it. They usually are placed in the folder of the program that they are associated with.

broggs 11:53 30 Apr 03

use a program called winISO.

TimC 12:07 30 Apr 03

The bin file could be a CD image, or a binary file from another source.

As suggested winISO will allow you into the file if it is a CD image file.

Presumably you know where you got it, and what it is meant to contain? CD bin image files often have a corresponding .cue file. If you have this you could investigate the file using a virtual cd emulator like DAEMON Tools, and mount the image on a virtual CD drive - you can then run the CD before burning it if you so wish?

Muslimat79 13:10 30 Apr 03

Thanks everyone for your invaluable advice and solution to this problem. I also thanks pcadvisor for this forum. The problem is solved with WinISO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…