How to deal with a .pdf file sent by email?

Triprajul 18:26 06 Oct 10

Greetings:

I have received, via email, and have to complete an electronic form in the .pdf format. I haven't done one of these in many years and I am a bit nervous about doing it. The person who sent the form told me to complete it and return it to him but how exactly do I do this? Do I save it to computer, complete it on my computer and then return it to him as an attachment to an email or is there a better way? Any advice given is greatly appreciated.

john bunyan 18:49 06 Oct 10

If yo have Photoshop or similar , you coul sare it, fill in the form using Text, (with layers) then flatten it and save as a .pdf.Altenative would be to print it, fill it in, then scan it and send as scan or .jpg

john bunyan 18:50 06 Oct 10

Spelling! sare = save, yo = you, coul = could.

shellship 18:55 06 Oct 10

I am not certain that you can edit a pdf file (unless it is an editable one) without special software to do so. There are a few such softwares around ranging from v costly to freebie - I think.

click here

If you don't want to go that route, which is quite easy actually, then the second of jb's ideas is probably the best.

Taff™ 08:14 07 Oct 10

click here Will do this for you using the typewriter tool. Save the attachment to disk, open it and click on the typewriter tool icon. Then simply click where you want to type and do so. Completely free and much better than Adobe Reader.

Of course the person who sent you the attachment may have sent it in a PDF form that is already editable so check first.

skeletal 09:30 07 Oct 10

I would suggest anyone sending out forms for others to complete would assume the recipient would not have fancy software to help them.

Thus, I agree with Taff: just try to use the form first.

Then try the typewriter in Xchange Viewer (Xchange Viewer is an excellent pdf viewer plus allows some restricted editing).

I would save the form to your computer, and make a copy, thus if you wreck it, you can always go back to the copy.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac