How d i extract audio from video file please?

buel 13:11 16 Jan 11

Hi, Please can anyone tell me how to extract the audio from a video file?
I have AVS video converter which i thought would have the option of doing it but it doesn't and i have Nero 9, i thought this would do it too but i cant find that option?
Thank you in advance!

I am Spartacus 13:28 16 Jan 11

I've used the free version of AoA Audio Extractor in the past which limits you to 6 files at a time (It may also be time limited) click here

GaT7 13:30 16 Jan 11

Try the free AoA Audio Extractor click here. Instructions at click here.

Another way is to run the video file & record the sound with the free Audacity click here. G

ashdav 13:30 16 Jan 11

Avidemux click here
Super click here

I am Spartacus 13:30 16 Jan 11

Oops, just remembered I it used to extract audio from mpeg4 files not VOB.

eedcam 14:32 16 Jan 11

AoA will extract from video from ordinary dvd Spartacus

buel 15:00 16 Jan 11

Hi, thank you for your answers! Im trying Audacity and when i press record whilst the video is playing in the backgrounds it records any movements/noises i do too. Please can anyone tell me if there is a way of gettting it to just record the audio from the file/video?

GaT7 15:08 16 Jan 11

I think that's because you're recording via the mic. Try recording via 'What U Hear' if your soundcard has this feature. G

buel 15:14 16 Jan 11

Hi Crossbow7, im afraid 'mic' is my only option.

robin_x 15:18 16 Jan 11

Right click your sound options (loudspeaker by the date/time). Find your record options and turn Mic off.

But this is not the best way to extract sound.
Try the video editor solutions above, open your vid file and look for Export or Audio or Demux options.

========
Another simple editor that can do this is MPEG Streamclip. Open your file. Select File/Export Audio or Demux/AC3.

I just demuxed a 1GB VOB in about 2-3 mins.

click here;1

Readme says it needs Quicktime Alternative 1.81
click here

GaT7 15:21 16 Jan 11

If it's Vista/Win7 you may have to follow this click here.

If XP, Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Volume tab > Advanced > Options > Properties > select Recording > Place a tick next to "What U Hear" if available > OK. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…