how to cut a flash website file size down

Chris1986 11:00 16 Aug 07

i currently design and run my own website, it has been designed in Flash MX 2004,

the problem i'm having is everytime i make changes to the website the file size increases and it is taking longer and longer for the website to load up. (you are probably thinking, well you you add things to the website the size is going to increase). But this is even happening when i remove things from the website and remove them from the Media Libary.

I need to find a way for cutting the size of the files down, making it faster to access.

Chris

mco 13:29 16 Aug 07

..so people can have a look? I'd be wary myself of a site designed entirely in Flash; I think you have to be careful with loading times and basic appearance.

Chris1986 13:34 16 Aug 07

The website is:-

[url]click here[/url]

The only reason it is designed in flash, this that the template i brought said it worked in Dreamweaver and Flash, but i cant seem to get it into Dreamweaver either, but that is another issue...

benjiboots 18:59 19 Aug 07

I've had a look at your site and it loads in about 11Mb's of data. It must be loading all of the content before appearing. This is not good practice. It is better to modularise the content as movie clips and load them in on demand. Also, you should stream the music, if it is not already, so that removes unnecessary slow loading times.
Basically, the only thing that should load in first is a basic interface - all the rest of the content should be as seperate movie clips that get loaded if the user wants to view that particluar bit of content. Hope that helps :)

Chris1986 14:12 04 Sep 07

how would i go about streaming the music through Flash?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…