How to create a website? Tutorial needed

m800afc 05:55 11 Jul 07

I would like to learn the basics of web site creation. I have a domain and a host already. My host, 1 and 1, offer software to build a website. You have to use a generic template and I don't want to do this. I would much rather at least try to learn the basics. I wanted to enrol with Vision2Learn, but there is no funding for courses in my postcode. As I am unwaged I cannot afford to spend a lot of money on a course. Please, can anyone recommend a free online tutorial which will get me started?

m800afc 06:14 11 Jul 07

I should have mentioned... I have publisher already and would be happy to use that. I also have Photoshop CS2. Using the built in web gallery creator in CS2 I have managed to upload a gallery. What I would like to do is to use CS2 to create several galleries and have them all on the website. I may also need to password protect one or more galleries, that may have personal family images etc.

brundle 06:45 11 Jul 07

Using an office app to convert pages to HTML creates really messy code (if you are concerned about such things at this stage).There is a vast amount of information to get you going here - click here;

robbiepaul79 12:37 11 Jul 07

interesting link thanks brundle something ive been thinking of taking a look at myself

MicahK 15:55 12 Jul 07

[email protected] gives you NetObjects Fusion 8, right? I would use that. You can get tutorials and a forum for it at click here. NOF is a great product and worth getting.
click here is the NOF website.
Micah

m800afc 10:42 14 Jul 07

Thanks for the advice. I have been trying to get to grips with the software that 1and1 provice, it does not seem to have a brand name. Again, you start of with a template that you don't want and then change it to one that is just barely tolerable with photo quality Fox-Talbot would have thrown out.

The thing is I have nothing to say!!! I don't want a corporate layout and I don't want any whizzbang animations. I occasionally take photos of family events, engagements, weddings, birthdays etc. I then use the automate web gallery feature in photoshop to produce a photo gallery to publish on t'interweb. The gallery is smart, easy to use, and I am very happy with it. The problem comes when I publish my next gallery. Someone always gets in touch to ask where the other photographs are 'cos an uncle in Tierra Del Fuego has not seen them yet.

The solution seems to be to have several galleries at once ( I worked that out for myself :-)) I could then have a plain and simple home page with nothing on it but my name and a series of centred links to the galleries. Each gallery would have a return link to the home page. If the galleries could be password protected that would be even better. As I do a new gallery in photoshop I could add the code at the appropriate place and tidy up the links.

It all sounds so simple..... but I'm very hard of thinking these days!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…