How to create an ISO image file?

martjc 17:04 24 Jun 05

I recently tried to create an ISO image file which should have given me a DVD which was a bootable copy of SuSE Linux. I was instructed to burn the image to a DVD using Nero. I did this with Nero v.6.

The process seemed to work but I ended up with a disk containing a single file called Linux ISO, or something similar. Obviously, this would not boot and I don't know why. I was expecting a load of files including some kind of boot mechanism.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong? Please help guys. Driving me mad, this is!!!

powerless 17:13 24 Jun 05

Your post is not clear, so...

Have you downloaded an ISO file?

Or are you creating one? If so from what files and folders?

De Marcus 17:20 24 Jun 05

To create a bootable dvd disk from an iso image you have to start nero burning rom, cancel the wizard, go to the recorder option from the menu and select 'burn image'. add your SL-9.3-LiveDVD-i386-1.iso file and click burn

martjc 17:31 24 Jun 05

...I found the image on Computer Shopper cover disk.

De Marcus... I thought that's what I'd done!! Definitely remember setting up for ISO. Sorry to be vague but it's my first try at creating an image on disk.

keith-236785 18:33 24 Jun 05

start nero express

when the window opens, click the bottom option "Disk image or saved project", in the window that opens click the little down arrow at the end of "files of type" box and choose "image files" (one below where it normally is).....

then browse to the folder containing your downloaded file (default is My Documents) then simply double click the file you want to write.

if the settings are ok and you have inserted a blank cd, click next... that will start the burn.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009