How To Create Folders In Goole Chrome, FF, and IE and how to add bookmarked pages to them all.

julius44 13:17 PM 25 Jan 12

Hello and good afternnon to you all. I have 3 browsers on my desktop pc, chrome, FF, and IE9, Chrome and FF are my main browsers. I realised that I have so many bookmarked pages for each of these browsers and I need to creat folders with names, so that I can keep my bookmarked pages tidy pls. So i need to get advise on HOW to create folders and also HOW to import my bookmarked pages into the folders please, for all 3 browsers.

Many thanks

Ibanez2010 15:17 PM 25 Jan 12

Not sure how to do that but have you searched the Firefox addons site for bookmarks addons? There must be something there that fits the bill.

Input Overload 19:15 PM 25 Jan 12

In Firefox go customise - right click below addresses bar - locate bookmarks icon - drag this to your toolbar.

Then click non this & organise bookmarks, then bookmarks toolbar.

See pic below.. You can also export them to a HTML file - save this somewhere safe, you can import all bookmarks ImageShack Picinto almost any other browser.

Batch 09:07 AM 26 Jan 12

AFAIK, there is no way to simultaneously update the bookmarks (aka favorites) across all these browsers.

I don't know the details on FF, but Chrome stores its bookmarks in a single text file called Bookmarks. IE (at least up to IE8) stores each favorite as an Internet Shortcut file under its Favorites path (I've got over 1,000 of the little blighters).

If you want to keep them in sync, you need to export / import each time. A right pain.

BTW, I find Chrome's bookmark handling poor. I've installed the Neat Bookmarks extension, which still uses the same data but presents the bookmarks in a much more useable fashion.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…