How to create advanced dropdown menus with java

jcf2003 16:33 16 Oct 03

I want to know how to create dropdown menus with javascript or using macromedia dreamweaver mx using a mouseover effect with a gif picture file.

Taran 17:23 16 Oct 03

Dreamweaver has full details in its help files.

Search for rollover since that's what Dreamweaver knows mouseover effects as.

You can use text and/or images and Dreamweaver will generate the code for you if you supply the necessary details.

Generating JavaScript drop down menus is a complex issue. In brief, JavaScript is 'read' and then interpreted by the web browser and if your site visitors are not using a suitable browser or your code is less than perfect your navigation may not even appear on the page or if it does it may not work correcly.

Now that I've got that off my chest, try these sites to begin with:

click here

click here

click here

They have a lot of ready to download 'copy and paste' code for menus (among other things).

Beyond that you might want to look at a third party program for generating menus. I'm quite impressed with Sothink DHTML Menu Builder click here

There are other alternatives out there but the above should at least get you going. Just make sure that you test yout finished site in older browsers (Opera, NetScape and Internet Explorer) to make sure everything works properly.

Regards

Taran

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…