how to copy pc games as backup to my collection

i have a few pc games and would very much like to copy these games to a new cd as backup to any that might get damaged as have some already by my children what do i need to do ie what program can i use to rip or copy these games i thank you for your advice

Elrond 20:13 12 Oct 03

I doubt any1 will give advice on this. I dont think you're allowed to copy your games legally.

bremner 20:22 12 Oct 03

Most CD Burning software eg Nero, East CD etc has the capability to Copy CD's.

There are three problems that spring to mind.

1. Many Games CD's have copyright protection built in.

2. As Elrond states you will need to carefully read the licencing agreement to see if you can legitimately make a copy.

bremner 20:24 12 Oct 03

3. Some games have CD's that are larger in data size than 'normal' CD's

the lone cloner 20:45 12 Oct 03

clone cd is no longer available due to copyright laws.

pinka 20:51 12 Oct 03

i dont know if this would work but theres a program called alcohol that is supposed to eliminate the need for using your cd's to play games by creating a virtual drive where it stores the entire contents of a cd . im guessing but it would seem possible to then copy these files to a cd .

Mike 22:16 12 Oct 03
  soy 22:54 12 Oct 03

Alcohol is quite good but not all games will work with it. Some games will still insist on you inserting a disk. But for the majority of the games out there, Alcohol is a decent piece of software. One drawback of copying CD's to your hard drive is that it will eat up hard drive space.

Mike has provided a link to Alcohol above. Another similar software is called Gamedrive: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…