how to copy files on a dvd

madaboutplants 11:14 01 Aug 10

pl can anyone tell me how to back up documents, photographs and music on a dvd. when i open D drive, there is an option on LHS saying copy files to cd. i click on this with dvd in my D drive and the dialogue box says no cd found.i do have DVD/CD RW.

mgmcc 12:34 01 Aug 10

If you are using Windows XP, its built-in burning software only supports CD, not DVD. Third-party software is required to burn DVDs.

A very good free CD/DVD burning program is "CDBurnerXP" which, despite its name, does also support burning DVDs. click here

madaboutplants 13:23 01 Aug 10

tks, mgmcc. have downloaded this. but what is ISO?
i have 4 options to choose to from and not sure which to choose for photos. do i choose data disc for copyings documents?
sorry to sound so illiterate. have no idea of these terminology.

mgmcc 14:13 01 Aug 10

An ISO file is one which the software (such as CDBurnerXP) uses to create an actual CD/DVD.

For example, trial versions of something like Microsoft Office would be downloaded as an ISO file. This would then be burned to disk and the resulting disk used to install the program.

To back up your documents, photos etc, burn them as a Data disk.

Kevscar1 20:33 01 Aug 10

Have you tried just dragging and dropping the files onto the DVD drive. Thats all I used to do when I had xp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…