How to copy an entire directory- Recovery Console

livewire 17:16 28 Jun 04

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to copy an entire directory in the Windows XP Proffesional Recovery Console?

I am able to copy files one by one using the Copy Scorce [Destination] command. However I was wondering how could I copy an entire directory as XCOPY is not avalible.

Thanks

LiVeWire

spikeychris 17:43 28 Jun 04

livewire yeah this is a pig of a problem that I have come across before. M$ lock down this facility. The ability to use wildcards is turned off in recovery console for
security reasons. You can turn it on, but the setting has to be made
before you need recovery console. Is the drive working? if so from run type MMC then Start the Group Policy Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in. Install it if its not there.
Select the Security Options object in the Console pane to display the security policies in the Details pane.

In the Details pane, double-click the Recovery Console: Allow Floppy Copy And Access To All Drives And Folders policy.
Click Enabled, and then click OK.

Otherwise another way to get your data off the drive would be to take the drive from the existing machine and add it as a slave to a
machine already running XP.

Some utilities that might help:

NTFSDOS
click here
NTFSDOS Professional
click here

spikeychris 17:55 28 Jun 04

Never used it but click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…