How to convert MP4 HD to Windows movie maker

EmptyJay 21:11 18 May 09

Our Sanyo Exacti vid cam records great pics in MP4 format but we want to edit them using Windows Movie Maker (in Vista). Anyone know how we can convert without losing tons of quality, as converting to mpeg2 format drops the quality by about 75%. Thanks!

gengiscant 08:35 19 May 09
  EmptyJay 09:24 19 May 09

Hi. Thanks for the link, but I tried converting to wmv before and the quality is even worse than the mpeg2. Can you recommend and software that'll edit video thats in MP4 format? Thx

Stuartli 09:57 19 May 09

See:

click here

click here

To compress TV recordings made using my Twinhan PCI Freeview TV card that I only intend to watch on my computer system afterwards, I use:

click here

This compresses video files to about a third or less of their original size without any loss of picture or sound quality (H264); once compressed the files are burned to a CD-R or DVD-R in multisession form.

You may also need to install the latest version of the Full K-Lite Audio and Codecs Pack, which most people do as a matter of course in any case:

click here

Stuartli 09:58 19 May 09

ShellCompress works remarkably quickly when undertaking compression of files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…