How to Convert Divx to MPEG4 Video format to watch

julius44 19:01 08 Dec 08

Hello there to all u great pc advisot techies out there i'm hoping that i can get some much needed help here. I recently purchased the superb sony DAV-DZ260 home cinema system,click here
for my 32inch TV. system works fine, BUT it does not play divx videos, but it plays mpeg4 videos. now i have some videos on my desktop from you tube etc, and what i need is a straight forward converter to convert from divx to mpeg4 format. I have an internal LG multi DVD rewriter(22 speed)
i also have realplayer basic, but this does not come with any free dvd burner. most of my vids are downloaded with realplayer, and i wanna watch them using any surround sound system, so i'm just looking for any FREE and easy to use video converter that has a straight forward user interface...to convert divx to mpeg4 or AVI

eedcam 19:13 08 Dec 08

Super c should do it its free
click here

When the page opens choose download mirror that goes straight to download
With super you just drag the files in

julius44 19:23 08 Dec 08

Hi eedcam, thanks for that, but i'm a bit confused, but which link exactly do u want me to click on please???

MCE2K5 19:39 08 Dec 08

Download from mirror download(direct link) - 28.6MB

It's a Direct download.

woodchip 19:44 08 Dec 08

This may help click here

julius44 19:44 08 Dec 08

some of the users on that sight say that the program is very unstable, and they have problems removing it, pls are there any safer ones available please??

johnnyrocker 20:19 08 Dec 08

dvd flick?

johnny

julius44 20:36 08 Dec 08

all the stuff i have downloaded is in my realplayer library..is this MPEG4 format?? so all i need to do is to burn it onto a blank dvd...but i just need to know HOW and with what package. i wouldve used realplayer but i only have the free basic package which has no dvd burner...the dvd burner package costs about $40...about £30.

MCE2K5 20:52 08 Dec 08

For a Starter of 10: What Country are you in, It makes a difference.

julius44 20:58 08 Dec 08

hello mce2k5.....strange question u asked but i'm in the uk......south london to be exact. why the strange question though? would that make any diffrence??

MCE2K5 21:16 08 Dec 08

Most of the European Models have DivX Support, The Uk Model Doesn't.

Online Manual click here

Tech. Specs. click here

Doing a search of the online Manual found NO results for MPEG4, MP4.
Where did you get the info about playing MPEG4 Videos.

Found AVI & DivX which are not supported in the UK Version.

---------------------------------

As 'johnnyrocker' said, Download DVD Flick click here

DVD Flick Guide click here

Will Burn Virtually every Video format to DVD as a DVD-Video Disc.

"all the stuff i have downloaded is in my realplayer library..is this MPEG4 format??":

Not quite True, If downloaded off YouTube they will be in .FLV Format, And yes DVD Flick Burns them as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…