How to conseve battery on a laptop.

nerawan 22:53 27 Sep 04

Hi. Just a simple question. I have a laptop always conneted to the power. I rarerly use the battery. Just in a few situations. I want to know what is the best way to keep it away. Has to be charged 100%, just half or totally discharged. Thanks.

Egg McKane 00:14 28 Sep 04

I've got a laptop, on it now as a matter of fact, what i do is now & then unplug the mains, maybe once a week & let the battery do the work so it gets some use, let it go down to 10-15% life or until you get a warning for low battery but never let it just run dry until you laptop turns off cuz that may damage your battery! Then plug the mains back in & let it charge up as normal

Djohn 00:47 28 Sep 04

click here and click here for lots of info on laptop battery's.

Most will recommend that if using mainly from the mains then remove the battery, replace when needed or to give a full charge if not used for some time.

nerawan 00:32 02 Oct 04

It looks like the best way it's to charge it once in a month and then let it discharge again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…