How to connect pc to laptop!!

CutNpaste 14:59 24 Oct 05

Hi every one,
this maybe a repeat post - but i am a new owner of a laptop.
I wanted to know how i can connect my laptop to my pc so that i can share my files. Iam aware of the wireless connecion on my laptop but is there a way to connect my lan from the laptop to the pc so that i can transfer a file from the pc to the laptop.
cheers

retep888 15:30 24 Oct 05

How do you connect to the internet?

The quickest and cheapest way is buying a crossover cable, plug both ends into the LAN port of the pc & laptop, create a ICS( Lots of info about how to set it up in this forum) and start file sharing.

CutNpaste 17:05 24 Oct 05

send me a link for the ISC thing please.
thanks

retep888 17:33 24 Oct 05
  CutNpaste 18:56 24 Oct 05

thanks retep888,
i found a very good tutorial. i set up my main computer to share the connection and went through the tutorials for the client computer (my laptop) and i restarted the laptop but i still cantget a connection.
plz help

retep888 19:04 24 Oct 05

Configure the firewall on your main Pc to let the client pc to share.

CutNpaste 19:34 24 Oct 05

wot name would the client pc be under

retep888 19:38 24 Oct 05

What firewall do you have on both of them?

CutNpaste 19:48 24 Oct 05

zone alarm on both

retep888 20:40 24 Oct 05

Be prepared for it that the free verson zonealarm may not 100% support ICS,but I did succeed in doing so.

OK, let's have a go:

On the main PC, open up zonealarm's main page by clicking the icon on the task bar then click firewall > main > lower the internet zone security from high to medium > click zone > add > ip range > at the popped up add ip range box, type 192.168.0.1 in the top ip address row, then 192.168.0.20 in the bottom ip address row, name of your workgroup(mshome?)in the description box > ok > apply

Repeat the same thing on the client pc,fingers crossed, you're thru',if not post back and we'll try another way.

CutNpaste 21:10 24 Oct 05

naah!
still no hope!!
i was wondering my laptops LAN satus address type says 'Assigned by DHCP' and on the main computer it says 'Manually configured'.
Shall i also change any settings on the internet options of explorer.
thanks for ya help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac