how to connect my brothers old pc to wireless netw

twace1 16:37 18 Mar 08

hi there absolute useless person when computers are concerned here.i have a wireless network, which my old computer connects to the netgear router via a belkin usb adapter. my brother wants to connect his old pc to the same network. we tried running the startup disc for the belkin on his computer and inserted the belkin from my computer into usb point but it doesn't detect the netgear router. my computer still works fine. do i have to run the netgear startup on his computer aswell, if so i can't as i can't find it. oops. i thought that as the network is set up already that it should be detected as long as he had the password. but it doesnt even get as far as asking for that, please help and sorry if this makes no sense

brundle 22:29 18 Mar 08

You need to install the drivers for the wireless device on the/any computer it is plugged in to.

rossgolf 23:00 18 Mar 08

does it pick up any network or does it say some thing along the lines of
"you need ot enable wireless zero configuration"

((when you search for networks)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…