How to connect BT Voyager 205 Router to Tiscali?

colinbrealey 12:11 16 Feb 06

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have just migrated from BT Broadband (which actually worked fine) to Tiscali Broadband (slightly cheaper and uncapped). I don't want to use the crappy Sagem USB modem provided and would rather still use my BT Voyager 205 Router (I know they are not the best) but still better than the modem.

I have applied the settings as per the help page:-

Virtual Circuit Identifier - VCI
Virtual Path Finder- VPI
Encapsulation Mode
VCMux
Authentication Type
CHAP
Protocol
RFC 2364:PPP over ATM (PPPoA)
Modulation Type
G.DMT or Auto
Primary DNS Server
Secondary DNS Server

But I still cannot connect. I have spent a fair amount of time on the phone to Tiscali Technical Support for them to say that they don't offer support to help me configure the router. Has anyone configured a Voyager 205 to connect to Tiscali? If so can you tell me exactly what you did to get it working? Am I missing something like an obvious setting? If someone could help me out with this with some noddy guide I would really appreciate it.

Regards

Stuartli 13:17 16 Feb 06

I have Tiscali BB, along with several friends, and the Sagem 800/840 modem rarely gives any of us any trouble (if only you could say the same for the ISP!)

It's a good idea though to download the latest modem driver from Sagem's website (3.0.4) - it includes a Tiscal configuration in the setup.

colinbrealey 13:39 16 Feb 06

I would rather stay with the voyager to be honest.

BBez 11:12 03 Jun 06

Disconnect the phone line (maybe for a half hour while it "migrates").

Enter the new user/pass click here

Reconnect the phone line, and login!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5