How to connect 2 monitors

Embezzler 20:25 05 Apr 03

If i wanted to connected 2 monitors to my PC how would i go about doing this? I guess that i'll probably need 2 graphics cards?

Thanks

AndySD 20:29 05 Apr 03

What Operating System and which Make/Model of graphics card have you at the moment.

Embezzler 20:31 05 Apr 03

i have win xp home and i currently have an nVidia GeForce2 MX 400

Megatyte 20:38 05 Apr 03

If you go to Start - Help and type 'multiple display support' all the information you require will be there.

AH

karelk 20:39 05 Apr 03

if u have xp u can just have 2 graphics cards and connect each to a monitor, this is a good solution but expensive, or alternatively buy a new multi monitor grpahics card, ur gforce 2 is quite old as the latest cards are gefore 4.

do u want both monitors for gaming?

AndySD 20:59 05 Apr 03

I have had problems connecting 2 cards in XP but it is simple if your graphics card has DVI out on it a well as the VGA connection. Have a look on the card to see if there is a second socket out. If it looks like click here then you can do it with a converter if not you will need to get a graphics card that supports dual monitors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…