how to connect 2 computers to one broadband.

smullan_2000 13:59 23 Feb 04

i have two computers, both with XP and one broadbad connection, how can i share this connections as ceaply and simply as possible

slimbo51 14:06 23 Feb 04

Use 2 Ethernet cards in the master comp 1-B/Band 1-slave Computer.

1- card in slave comp.

Use a cross-over cable from card in master "scnd one not connected to B/Band" to the card in slave comp. (Hope that makes sense)

Download for free a prog called ANALOGX of the net (Proxy server).

Follow instructions given in prog to the letter.

Away you go.

Max length of cable 10m.

If you need longer distance, will prob have to look at wireless.

skye1205 14:08 23 Feb 04

i have 2 pc's running xp getting them to share internet is no problem i have 2 network cards installed in host and client computers and they are connected via a cross linked cable - only problem i have atm is getting the computers to see each other - but other than that it works fine both browse can access files from each other etc the cards cost £15 for 2 and the cable a 10 metre was £10

byfordr 14:08 23 Feb 04

If the pcs are near by connect them via crossover cable.

Failing that some form of router/modem which you can leave switched on, then use one, or both of the pcs when you want. If the pcs are reasonably close by connect via cat5e cable. If they are in different rooms/upstairs and downstairs and you don't want wires all over the place go wireless.

See this thread for details

click here

Stuartli 14:30 23 Feb 04

If you read through this thread you'll find information on how to do it with XP's networking features:

click here

Stuartli 14:33 23 Feb 04

This is the one I should have given, although one above is similar:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…