how to configure XP so rest of family can go onlin

davro 20:30 14 Sep 04

how do i configure XP as adminastrator can go online from there own accounts? at the moment they cant access the web unless they use my account? also just usedXP2 from a disc but evertime i start computer firewall is turned off any ideas ? THANKS DAVRO

stalion 21:28 14 Sep 04

go to control panel user accounts you can then set up new accounts.don't know about the firewall problem you have probably got to check the settings in the security module of xp2

Jackcoms 21:30 14 Sep 04

Check under C drive; Documents & Settings; (name of each user); Start Menu; Programs and you should now see a shortcut to IE. If not, create one for each user.

Check also C Drive; Documents & Settings; All Users; Start Menu; Programs; Start Up and you should now see a shortcut to your dial-up/BB connection. If not, create one.

MartinEdwards1248 21:39 14 Sep 04

Please describe the problem in more detail. I doubt I can help with the firewall problem, but regarding letting other people use the Internet, please be more specific. Also, what type of Internet connection do you have?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:39 14 Sep 04

Their log in and settings should use your ISP account and password, but files are saved to different log accounts i.e. c:\documents and settings\dad\temp internet files ---c:\documents and settings\mum\temp internet files

Unless you wish to open seperate accounts for each member of the family and pay seperately for each one? expensive.

Do you mean they have to log on as you to access the net?

If so control panel -user accounts -create a new account for each member of the family.

When logged into each acount use the connect to internet wizzard and put in your user name and password for internet access for e-mail give each person a different name i.e. [email protected]

ski 1 22:03 15 Sep 04

just follow instructions on welcome screen when you first turn on.its on bottom right of start up screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…