How to configure Context descriptors in Tomcat 4.x

Epocs 18:02 02 Feb 05

Hello,
I am having some trouble trying to configure a Tomcat server to run an application that i'm developing. The problem is that it will display the Jsp files perfectly fine, however, these files make reference to some packages, which are in the WEB-INF folder. But none of the pages seem to be able to see these packages.
I am aware that I need to write/edit a web.xml in the WEB-INF/ folder under my context location, however, i am not entirely sure exactly how to do so. Nor am i sure how to edit the server.xml file under the conf/ directory.
I have tried searching the internet endlessly, and although i have found several tutorials none seem specific enough for my project.
If anyone could give me any pointers on writing or editing these files it would be greatly appreciated.

Epocs 19:04 03 Feb 05

Help! Any suggestions, anyone?

Taran 20:39 04 Feb 05

Tutorials are just that - they offer instructions based on a fictional or general example from which you draw your own conclusions.

They are intended to arm you with the tools to adapt things to your own requirements.

If those requirements are specific to a certain application you will search in vain for something suitable.

What you want to do is very, very specific
and I doubt you will find anyone in this forum who is well versed enough in Tomcat to be able to help.

I have fooled with it (Tomcat) a bit, but I write most of my web applications in PHP on Linux/Apache servers, or ASP and ASP.NET (not necessarily in that order) on Windows IIS. I detest JSP with an unreasonable (to some) passion.

This will bump your thread back up and hopefully someone with a serious level of Tomcat admin experience will help. I will assist if I can, but I hope you will understand my reluctance to offer what may not be entirely suitable help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…