How to completely uninstall sofware

Lately I install Ashampoo window optimizer suite which was provided by Pc adviser Mag. After couple of weeks I realise that my Cyberlink power cinema stops working, Supposedly ashampoo was causing some problem and have corrupted the power cinema. I unintall ashampoo , then reintall power cinema, but nothing work. I also notice the Ashampoo was not completely removed ,when I try to remove the rest, everything was in German which was not very helpful. I want to remove Ashampoo completely from my computer. Please help me ...........

MichelleC 09:56 21 Nov 05

To do a manual ininstall type Ashampoo in search/find and delete all files which show. Sometimes it's best to do it in safemode.

Terry Brown 10:07 21 Nov 05

The problem with manually deleting files is that you leave the registry entries behind, which can cause problems..
If you choose the manual delete,go into the registry (REGEDIT),select LOCAL MACHINE, go down to SOFTWARE and remove the entries from there..
Then do a search for the name of the program and delete all references..

THe major problems are-- If you delete a registry entry that your system uses, you may make your machine unusable.

PROCEED WITH GREAT CAUTION.

MichelleC 13:07 21 Nov 05

I agree totally, and just to add you can backup registry 1st before any changes and clicking on the saved icon will revert to pre-change registry:

Go to;

Registry (in menu)and choose 'export registry file' and select 'all files', place (say) on desktop.

ade.h 15:12 21 Nov 05

Run CCleaner afterwards click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…