how to clone hdd drive

freefx 00:33 08 May 05

How do I clone my 80GB HDD to a 120GB? ie taking an image of my 80GB Are there any special software to do that?

o/s win xp pro

Pooke100 00:36 08 May 05

Acronis true image. I used the 30 day trial version to clone a 6 gig over to a 80gig drive for a friend.

click here

freefx 00:42 08 May 05

Had a look at the website. It says the trial version is a limited functionality demo?

Pooke100 00:48 08 May 05

I managed it with the trial. Honestly.

freefx 00:50 08 May 05

ok i will have a go.

Chegs ® 01:28 08 May 05

Look down this page for "Hard Disk Cloning"

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

I have the Ultimate Boot CD that carries all the above software + loads more apps(d/l from the 1st link and burn to CD)

Chegs ® 10:34 08 May 05

click here

Here is another freeware DriveImagerXPwpe.I zipped it and uploaded it onto my site.I aquired this ages ago,and had completely forgotten about it,until you asked for imaging apps.Its very basic,doesn't install,you just unzip and execute.I created an image of my C:\ partition onto another partition.It creates the image,then compresses the image(although I have only got 3Gb's of files on C:\ the zipped image was 3.5Gb.I dont know where the extra data has come from)

SEASHANTY 10:48 08 May 05

If the new 120GB hard drive is a maxtor then you can do this quite easily by using the "Maxblast 4 For Windows" utility. This will allow you to clone over the entire drive from the 80GB drive to the new 120GB drive from within Windows XP. You do not even have to shut down Windows whilst doing the cloning. Just done this in two PC's with Seagate 80GB to Maxtor 120GB. Original drive was partitioned into three and Maxblast has kept the three partitions in proportion making them larger of course. Download the 3.5MB utility from here
click here and install on Desktop. Double click the icon afterwards and it will install the utility in Program Files. Fit the new drive in position as "slave" which is "no jumper" and just click the desktop icon when ready to clone and follow the instructions. Its clear instructions are easy to follow after it detects the new drive. It will only work on Maxtor drives though.

Demora 11:39 08 May 05

Personal Computer shopper has AScronis on the disk I think its an 'LE' but should do it.

VideoSentry 12:20 08 May 05

One for Me ( new pewter on 3 days )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…