How to clean a TFT screen?

Busy 22:43 21 Jul 05

Thats it really-best way to clean grubby kid marks off my lovely Viewsonic TFT?Soap n water,Pledge-whats best?

VoG II 23:01 21 Jul 05

click here or soap and water.

Forum Editor 23:19 21 Jul 05

make sure it's not Pledge, or any other form of aerosol. I use that universal cleaning liquid that you can buy in computer shops, but as VoG™ syas - a soft cloth moistened with water and a tiny drop of liquid soap works perfectly.

xphile 23:30 21 Jul 05

Good post Busy. I've been thinking my screens getting a bit grubby & keep wiping with a dry cloth just removes a bit of dust. Thanks VoG & FE for answers.

ps. Don't know why I never thought to ask on here?

Stuartli 00:25 22 Jul 05

See:

click here

click here

Apparently these are good (from PC World):

Storex 100 Screen Cleaning Tissues, specially designed for TFT, LCD, PDA, Laptop and Scanner screens and contains no alcohol. £4.99 or, from other sources, the Fellowes LCD/TFT screen cleaning kit.

Lots about TFT screens etc:

click here

Pidder 10:14 22 Jul 05

Wonder why TFT screens don't have a glass over them for strength. Presume there is some good reason.Does anyone know?

GazMaz 10:23 22 Jul 05

I asked this same question to LG (I have a LG L1710B) and here is their response.

"Thank you for your e-mail and your purchase of an LG Electronics LCD TV. In order to clean the screen of the screen we would recommend only the use of a soft cotton lint free cloth lightly damped with plain water. The cloth should only be damp to the touch and not dripping. We would then recommend gently wiping the screen and rather than attempting to remove smears or finger prints in one attempt using repeated applications until the screen is clean and clear. Note: we do not recommend the use of monitor screen cleaners and would suggest that should you decide to use a monitor screen cleaner that you follow any instructions given carefully and use the cleaner sparingly unless otherwise advised"

David4637 14:47 22 Jul 05

I use warm water on damp cloth with one drop of fairy liquid, works David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…