How to clean cds

mahalo 08:25 19 May 07

I am ashamed to say, my cds and dvds are full of finger marks, Is there a good and a bad way to clean them ? Your help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

rawprawn 08:45 19 May 07

Warm water with a drop of Fairy Liquid. Do not rub in a circle but gently from the centre hole outwards. Dry the same way.

hiwatt 11:59 19 May 07

I wouldn't advise putting water or fairy liquid any where near cd's.Just a dry soft lint free cloth and as rawprawn says clean from the centre hole out,in straight lines.

mahalo 19:31 19 May 07

Thank you adman 2, everyone else too !. I will certainly look into Maplins for that. As I am in the process of cataloging my photos I have found some with "bad sectors" and I cannot view them, perhaps cleaning the disks will help.
Cheers.

mahalo,
you could try this if the manual clean fails
click here

missingit 19:53 19 May 07

*THE RAVEN*
Useful link.

Totally-braindead 19:58 19 May 07

I use CD cleaning spray I got out of Tescos I think it was, small spray bottle but its lasted about 2 years and still has some fluid in it.

Totally-braindead 20:23 19 May 07

Slighly off subject and appologies for that mahalo but, does anyone else remember when CDs first came out and them saying the disks were virtually indestructable and you had people doing things like spreading jam all over the surface and then wiping it off and it still playing?
Tommorrows World I think I saw it on.

We know better now don't we.

yeah i do TB,
lost more than a few as a result lol

Stuartli 20:27 19 May 07

Audio CDs are very different to CD-R etc disks, including the method of creating the data on the disk itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…