how to check whats running,startup ect

chrisjohn 21:46 06 Jun 07

so i can snapshot it and post it so i can find out what to delete.

birdface 21:52 06 Jun 07

Start, Run,Type in ,msconfig if you don't change anything ,just press cancell to get you back out.

chrisjohn 21:59 06 Jun 07
  birdface 22:15 06 Jun 07

Hi,Sorry but I am no expert on what to remove,But I would think that there would be 5 or more that is not needed,But will leave it for someone else to advise you.

STREETWORK 22:15 06 Jun 07

Its a poor picture, can you do a better one please..

birdface 22:22 06 Jun 07

Streetworker,Just click the middle of it.

birdface 22:29 06 Jun 07

You have 10 bit defrag on there twice,If you dont run them at start up untick them Also untick msnmsgr,I have no idea what Life exp.is or vVx 3000 but if you dont run any of them at start up,Untick them.You can always go back in later and retick them if you find that you need them.You also have SD on there twice I take it it is Spyware Doctor if so keep them ticked.

Pamy 22:33 06 Jun 07

Just untick them one at a time and see how you go

chrisjohn 01:41 07 Jun 07

cheers,do i need to check running progs as well im msconfig.

Jackcoms 09:08 07 Jun 07

"do i need to check running progs as well im msconfig."

Yes. This will help you to decide which can be disabled click here

cocteau48 09:19 07 Jun 07

Startup Inspector will tell you what's recommended/not recommended/there by choice/system required etc.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…