How to chat to someone private so i can hear them

holligan 12:32 16 Oct 03

What is the best way to chat online so i can hear them.can you do it with msn messenger as we tried and neither of us could work it out.the other person is in canada if that matters cheers.

plroofing1 12:40 16 Oct 03

Run msn messenger audio/tuning wizard from the tools menu.

krislas 12:43 16 Oct 03

I have used Net meeting to chat to my brother in France. You obviously need a microphone and some speakers. As neither of us have broadband the quality is variable, but it works. There is an easier way to do it if you both have XP I believe. In my case I have ME, so Netmeeting was the only option. You MUST have the latest version of Messenger or it will not work. When you start communicating with the other person in Canada via Messenger, in the Tools ( I think) you will then have the option to talk to them. Just follow the instructions, it is quite simple.

johnnyrocker 12:44 16 Oct 03

follow the advice given but if you get probs try yahoo messenger which i find slightly better with cam and mike although msn messenger 6 has better visual, also make sure you both have the same version messenger, i use both worldwide no probs.

cheers.

johnny.

Stuartli 12:46 16 Oct 03

You can also use ICQ - until last year the family tied it up with BuddyPhone.

holligan 17:55 24 Oct 03

a sound card i dont have one,i still cant chat in msn mess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…