How to change user picture in windows 8 ?

evetesla 09:13 16 Sep 13

A few days back i purchased my new laptop loaded with Windows 8 but i don't know how to use it pro9perly. Even i don't know how to change the user display pic.

Woolwell 10:36 16 Sep 13

Do you mean the desktop display picture? Open charms and settings and select personalise.

AroundAgain 11:37 16 Sep 13

Hi I had similar issues getting to find my way around Windows 8 while setting up a new machine for one my friends. I came across several (free) pdf ebook downloads of regular books

So, may I suggest you open this Google site and find an ebook pdf that you like and just work your way through. That's what I did and actually got on with Windows 8 very well.

I did install Classic Shell which Jock1e has recommended as I felt it would be easier for my friend as she was previously using XP. Anyway, apparently 8.1 is due out soon which is very much the same as Classic Shell.

Good luck, stick with it and you'll be fine :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…