how to change text on start menu?

NGE 15:16 25 Mar 04

Hi, i am running windows xp pro and i like to work with the classic view, but one thing really annoys me about it is the name on the start menu, it says administrator, but it is in italic and i would like a way to make it regular, not italic or anything. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance.

AL D. 15:29 25 Mar 04

Go to control panel/display/Appearance/Advanced/click on message text word or a blank part of that little window box/then you can change your fonts

NGE 15:32 25 Mar 04

Thanks for that AL D. But the start menu text isnt on there.

Indigo 1 16:01 25 Mar 04

You need to set up an account in your name to show your name on the top of the start menu instead of "Administrator"

Control Panel/User Accounts/Create a new account

But don't forget to transfer your files and settings to the new account otherwise it will be set up as default settings.

The easiest way is with the "Files and Settings Tranfer Wizard"

Give your new account Administrator priviledges so that you don't restrict usage.

NGE 16:49 25 Mar 04

Indigo 1. I know how to change the admin name without using the new user option, but i just wanted to know how to make it unitalic as it doesn't look good. But never mind now, i am using the classic start menu instead.

Indigo 1 18:39 25 Mar 04

Oh I see,,sorry that I didn't read your post correctly and jumped to the wrong conclusion 8o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…