How to change Laptop resolution???

kane_2001 17:44 11 Jun 08

I have just formatted a friends laptop and windows xp has set the screen resolution for me ( as normal ). I want to change the resolution setting to higher but I cannot figure out what key or keys etc to press, hold etc. I am used to doing it on a PC and know I go into display settings . advance etc but laptop highlights the cursor when i move arrow pointer above it but I cannot work out how to move it? laptop is different obviously as has the scroll pad where as PC has keys etc. I cannot install my BT internet disc without changing the screen resolution first, so cannot update anything on web etc, Any help greatfully appreciated PLEASE HELP!!!

recap 17:59 11 Jun 08

Right click anywhere clear area on the desktop, select Properties/Settings. click on the slide control for the resolution settings and then use the arrow keys to move the slider.

woodchip 18:11 11 Jun 08

Doubt you will be able to change it, and if you can it most likely only have at most one more to change to. also refresh rate should be set to 60hz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…