How to change default search engine in Firefox?

stlucia 20:13 21 Sep 10

My Firefox start page is the default one with a Google search box in the middle.

Until recently there was also a Google search box at the top right of the toolbar at the top of the screen, but now it's changed to a Yahoo one -- possibly when I received the latest Firefox update.

How can I change it back to the Google one, please?

steve stifler 20:22 21 Sep 10

to the left of that box is a drop down arrow and select your search engine

stlucia 07:36 22 Sep 10

As simple as that!! Thanks, steve.

kristain 08:52 22 Sep 10

Here the steps to change default search engine in Firefox?

* Open your Firefox browser and type “about:config” in address bar
* Now you can see a list of items “Preference Name” and its values. Now type “browser.search.defaultenginename” in the filter box on top of that window
* Only one result will appear from the list. There you can see “Google” in “Value” column (if your current default search engine is Google). Change the name of that value by double clicking that.
* You may enter “Yahoo” or “Wikipedia” any other Search engine which you want as default.
* Restart Firefox browser and there you can see your new default search engine set a the new value. If you had entered Yahoo over there then Yahoo’s icon will appear beside the search box on top-right of the browser.

click here for more help.

birdface 09:01 22 Sep 10

Why would you want to answer a question that has already been solved.
Most of your contributions seem to be sites that you get a warning from WOT or this site which my security will not let me open.
If you posts are sincere I do apologise but I have my doubts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…