how cant i stop people copying my films

DrLector 18:20 08 Oct 04

hi
i lent out a film to someone in the office,and
thay copyed it,witch anoyed the hell out of me.
anyway the dvd was reg0 and had no copy-protctshon on it ,is there something i can download witch would protect against copying
.im not shore what there using to copy, i dont thinks is someing powerfull like dvdxcopy i think its somthing basic .
i just need protecting from basic copy programs not heavy programs like dvd-x-copy
thanks

dfghjkl 18:37 08 Oct 04

the only way is not to lend them out.this was asked recently and i am sure the answer was "no"

€dstowe 18:38 08 Oct 04

If anyone had an effective copy protection system, they would make a fortune and every CD and DVD manufacturer would use it. As they don't you can assume it doesn't exist.

OwenLotts 18:42 08 Oct 04

If it was an original (factory pressed) DVD how would you apply any copy protection to it?

JonnyTub 18:42 08 Oct 04

As far as i'm aware, region o is "region free" and so therefore was a copied film in the first place.

The fact that you say it has no copy protection kinda confirms that.

Home movie?

Noelg23 18:45 08 Oct 04

my guess is JonnyTub its more likely a home DVD and not one bought from the shops...so Region 0 does confirm this...

OwenLotts 18:45 08 Oct 04

Some music DVDs are Region 0

Beatles Anthology - click here

Beatles Magical Mystery Tour - click here

to pick two....

JonnyTub 18:46 08 Oct 04

Maybe so, but i bet they're copyrighted.

JonnyTub 19:15 08 Oct 04

don't dispute that, but non-copyrighted dvd?

JonnyTub 19:15 08 Oct 04

Air steward?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…