//some 3rd party need geo

How can I view " .dat " files?

jordi2 12:26 01 Oct 03

I would like to open my internet .dat files to check what information they have gathered inside, I've been told never to use notepad as this could corrupt the files.Anyone knows of a good viewer for this?

-pops- 12:38 01 Oct 03

What do you expect to find in these files?

Unless you have considerable computer expertise, these files will appear as garbled rubbish. The very fact that you have posed this question indicates that you don't have this expertise so, really, you would be better not to waste your time.

Rikku 14:26 01 Oct 03

if they are video .dat files then avi preview is a good one

Dae 21:54 01 Oct 03

To view or delete the contents of index.dat files, there is a program called Spider - would this be what you want? It is free from click here.

chippy+ 07:43 02 Oct 03

type above into your browser you will find the download
chippy

Pauper 08:32 02 Oct 03

There is a MS knowledge base article describing this issue plus the relevent information to work around it.

Perhaps Pops should read this too (or maybe look for a solution before posting) !!

click here

Jester2K II 08:38 02 Oct 03

Except thats specific to Winmail.dat file received in e-mails (the title gives it away) Not the .dat file in the Internet cache..

Perhaps Pauper ought to read what he posts first?

;-)

Now jordi2 hasn't given us much info but as Dae said its more than likely jordi2 is looking at the index.dat files. Something completely different from winmail.dat files.

Supercleaner click here will allow you to see inside and clean the contents of the Index.dat file if thats what jordi2 is after.

Pauper 10:00 02 Oct 03

Jester2K II, 'Perhaps Pauper ought to read what he posts first?' I beg to differ - maybe I should read the original post first ;-))

Jester2K II 13:47 02 Oct 03

Beg all you like and differ all you like - i'm lost!

;-)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…