how can i update my audio drivers for free ?

DrLector 17:07 23 May 09

Hi
I posted before about lost sound on my pc, iv tried everything i can but with no luck. iv downloaded programs such as driver detective and driver checker, they all say my audio driver needs updating, now they all clame to be 'free'
but that's just the scan, if i wont to download the update then £££ it costs, is there no way i can just update the drivers for free ??
the update i need is for Realtek high definition audio.

i know a bit abut PCs but sound probs and drivers are not something I'm good with.

thanks for any help

running vista

DieSse 17:12 23 May 09

You need to find the motherboard or audio card manufacturers site - they will provide drivers for the setup you have.

citadel 17:16 23 May 09

what happens when you click on update driver for the realtek audio in device manager in vista.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:24 23 May 09

click here

Drivermax just register drivers are free but one a day

mooly 17:36 23 May 09

I lost sound today... realtek... but I knew it was something I had done. Had been trying the optical spdif output that is combined into the headphone socket. When I had finished, no sound on laptop.
Found eventually I had set the default output to digital, not speakers... or should I say it had done it automatically.

Sea Urchin 18:10 23 May 09

Didn't understand the "but one a day" reference to DriverMax.

Graphicool1 18:16 23 May 09

I use DriverMax it doesn't restrict me to one-a-day. I can download all the drivers I need, if they have them in stock.

Graphicool1 18:19 23 May 09

It maybe because your link isn't for DriverMax direct? It's for 'innovative-sol'?
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:26 23 May 09

I find that when I try and download drivers it delays the second download till the next day with messages about not over loading the server.

Sea Urchin 18:55 23 May 09

I've never found any restriction on the number of downloads

Sea Urchin 18:59 23 May 09

Maybe as Fruit Bat/\O/\'s link is for downloading "small-drivermax" (via innovative-sol) it only allows one a day?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…