How can I Unlock Files?

Ponkin 17:40 04 Apr 05

Using WinME. When attempting to turn a picture file I get a box telling me the file is locked and to go to the properties section in Windows Explorer to unlock the files. However I cannot find an obvious solution. What should I look for please?

Technotiger 17:49 04 Apr 05

Hi, not sure if I am correct on this but - right-click on picture, then go to Properties, then check that both attribute boxes are unticked.

Ponkin 18:09 04 Apr 05

Yes that worked, many thanks technotiger,and by going to edit 'select all' THEN unticking the attributes I was able to unlock all the files in that folder.
Co-incidentally as I carried out that task, I noticed a symbol in the system tray (a cup and saucer)which is a Java update never having had a Java update before I am intrigued--was this triggered by my action in unlocking the files, or why have I never had Java symbols in the system tray previously?

Technotiger 18:16 04 Apr 05

Me again - very glad it worked for you - sorry I cannot comment on Java whatsits, but maybe someone else will.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…