How can I tell which is Master please?

throwitoutthewindow 10:57 24 Oct 04

I run Win Me. I had a DVD ROM and CD burner. I took the CD burner out and replaced with a DVD burner and had problems with drive letters, like more appearing than I have drives. I think this is because I found some tiny plastic sockets which I understand I shuild have put onto some pins to make the drive either a master or salve. How can I tell which one I should do. I have used the drive is it alright to put the plugs on later.

the kopite 11:16 24 Oct 04

Hi The little plugs are jumpers if it was me I would set my burner to master by placing the jumper on it and remove any jumper from the dv rom reboot and all should be fine kopite

Cuddles 11:41 24 Oct 04

Have you got your cd/dvd drive on a sererate ide cable to your harddrive, if you have put the jumper vertically accross the two pins marked ma, the other two sets of pins should be marked sl and cs, if your cd/dvd is on the same cable as your harddrive set the jumper to sl.

throwitoutthewindow 11:55 24 Oct 04

I looked att eh drive I just took out and that was a master so I made the new one master as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…